Poet (18-Oct-1631 10-Jun-1705)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Crowder. No Featherbed in Heaven: A Biography of Michael Wigglesworth. Michigan State University Press. 1961. 299pp.
Edmund S. Morgan (editor). The Diary of Michael Wigglesworth, 1653-1657: The Conscience of a Puritan. New York: Harper and Row. 1946. 125pp.
Dean John Ward. Sketch of the life of Rev. Michael Wigglesworth. Albany, NY: J. Munsell. 1863.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1133)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.433)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.825)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.814)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1114)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.795)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1202)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.16)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications