Poet (28-Aug-1813 8-May-1880)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Irving Bartlett. Jones Very: Emerson's "Brave Saint". Durham, NC: Duke University Press. 1942.
Jeanetta Boswell. Spokesman for the Minority: A Bibliography of Sidney Lanier, William Vaughn Moody, Henry Timrod, Frederick Goddard Tuckerman, and Jones Very, with Selective Annotations. Rowman & Littlefield. 1987. 306pp.
Sarah Turner Clayton. The Angelic Sins of Jones Very. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang. 1999.
Edwin Gittleman. Jones Very: The Effective Years, 1833-1840. New York: Columbia University Press. 1967. 436pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1075)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.413)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.790)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.392)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.771)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1077)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.757)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1114)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications