Composer, Sculptor (24-Jun-1901 3-Sep-1974)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Dunn. Harry Partch: An Anthology of Critical Perspectives. London: Taylor and Francis/Routledge. 1998. 208pp.
Bob Gilmore. Harry Partch: A Biography. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press. 1998. 480pp.
Thomas McGeary (editor). Bitter Music: Collected Journals, Essays, Introductions, and Librettos. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press. 1991.
Harry Partch. Genesis of a Music: An Account of a Creative Work, Its Roots and Its Fulfillments. New York, NY: Da Capo Press. 1974.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.658)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (p.185)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.749)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.559)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.546)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.135)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications