|Henry R. Luce|
Business (3-Apr-1898 28-Feb-1967)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James L. Baughman. Henry R. Luce and the Rise of the American News Media. JHU Press. 2001. 296pp.
Thomas Griffith. Harry and Teddy: Lord Henry R. Luce and His Favorite Reporter, Theodore H. White. New York: Random House. 1995. 340pp.
Robert E. Herzstein. Henry R. Luce: A Political Portrait of the Man Who Created the American Century. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1994. 521pp.
Robert Edwin Herzstein. Henry R. Luce, Time, and the American Crusade in Asia. Cambridge University Press. 2005. 346pp.
John Kobler. Henry Luce: His Time, Life and Fortune. New York: Doubleday. 1968. 286pp.
Ralph G. Martin. Henry & Clare: An Intimate Portrait of the Luces. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1991. 463pp.
Patricia Neils. China Images in the Life and Times of Henry Luce. Rowman & Littlefield. 1990. 326pp.
W. A. Swanberg. Luce and His Empire. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1972. 529pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.714)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.460)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.431)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.923)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.654)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.619)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.200)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.457)
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business (pp.246-49)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.311)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, pp.210-12)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.496)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.55)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications