Philosopher (2-Aug-1865 15-Jul-1933)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Milton Hindus. Irving Babbitt, Literature, and the Democratic Culture. Somerset, NJ: Transaction Publishers. 1993. 135pp.
Folke Leander. Humanism and Naturalism: A Comparative study of Ernest Sellière, Irving Babbitt, Paul Elmer More. 1937. 229pp.
Frederick Manchester; Odell Shepard (editors). Irving Babbitt: Man and Teacher. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1941. 337pp. Reprinted by Greenwood Press in 1969.
Thomas R. Nevin. Irving Babbitt: An Intellectual Study. University of North Carolina Press. 1984. 194pp.
George Panichas. The Critical Legacy of Irving Babbitt: An Appreciation. Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute. 1998. 235pp.
Claes G. Ryn. Will, Imagination and Reason: Irving Babbitt and the Problem of Reality. Chicago, IL: Regnery Books. 1986. 228pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.48)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.36)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.85)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.48)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.266)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.55)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.48)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.29)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.36)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.109)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications