Religion, Politician (c. 1118 29-Dec-1170)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John R. Butler. The Quest for Becket's Bones: The Mystery of the Relics of St. Thomas Becket of Canterbury. Yale University Press. 1996. 192pp.
Alfred Duggan. My Life for My Sheep: A Biography of Thomas à Becket. New York: Coward McCann. 1955. 341pp.
Michael Staunton. Thomas Becket and His Biographers. Boydell Press. 2006. 246pp.
Richard Winston. Thomas Becket. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1967. 413pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.41)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.125)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.44)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1022)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.14, pp.676-78)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.45)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.20)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.107)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications