|Robert Louis Stevenson|
Author (13-Nov-1850 3-Dec-1894)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Nathalie Abi-Ezzi. The Double in the Fiction of R. L. Stevenson, Wilkie Collins and Daphne Du Maurier. Peter Lang. 2003. 301pp.
Linda Dryden. The Modern Gothic and Literary Doubles: Stevenson, Wilde and Wells. Macmillan. 2003. 220pp.
Claire Harman. Robert Louis Stevenson: A Biography. London: HarperCollins. 2005. 503pp.
James Pope Hennessy. Robert Louis Stevenson: A Biography. New York: Simon & Schuster. 974. 320pp.
Scott Allen Nollen. Robert Louis Stevenson: Life, Literature, and the Silver Screen. McFarland. 1994. 468pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1398)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.229)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.725)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.360)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.982)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.467)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.653)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.501)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.26)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.434)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications