Poet (65 BC 27-Nov-8 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
D. R. Shackleton Bailey. Profile of Horace. Harvard University Press. 1982. 152pp.
Tenney Frank. Catullus and Horace: Two Poets in Their Environment. New York: Henry Holt. 1928. 299pp.
Kenneth J. Reckford. Horace. Twayne. 1969. 171pp.
Allen G. Wood. Literary Satire and Theory: A Study of Horace, Boileau, and Pope. Garland. 1985. 118pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.733)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.120)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.214-17)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.484)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.243)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.312)
- Who's Who in the Roman World (pp.140-42)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.37)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications