|Dorothy Canfield Fisher|
Author (17-Feb-1879 9-Nov-1958)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Julia C. Ehrhardt. Writers of Conviction: The Personal Politics of Zona Gale, Dorothy Canfield Fisher, Rose Wilder Lane, and Josephine Herbst. University of Missouri Press. 2004. 209pp.
Mark J. Madigan (editor). Keeping Fires Night and Day: Selected Letters of Dorothy Canfield Fisher. Columbia, MS: University of Missouri Press. 1993. 356pp.
Ida H. Washington. Dorothy Canfield Fisher: A Biography. Shelburne, VT: New England Press. 1982. 258pp.
Elizabeth Yates. Pebble in a Pool: The Widening Circles of Dorothy Canfield Fisher's Life. New York: E. P. Dutton. 1958. 284pp.
Elizabeth Yates. The Lady from Vermont: Dorothy Canfield Fisher's Life and World. Brattleboro, VT: Stephen Greene Press. 1971. 290pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.141)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.457)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.121)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.352)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.238)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.376)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.4, pp.367-69)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.322)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.345)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications