|Charles H. Townes|
Physicist (28-Jul-1915 27-Jan-2015)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles H. Townes. Making Waves. Woodbury, NY: American Institute of Physics. 1994. 210pp.
Charles H. Townes. How the Laser Happened: Adventures of a Scientist. Oxford University Press. 2002. 200pp.
Frances Townes. Misadventures of A Scientist's Wife. Berkeley, CA: Regent Press. 2007. 213pp.
- Official Website: http://www.physics.berkeley.edu/research/faculty/Townes.html
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.706)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1470)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1047)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.737)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.526)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.486)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.112)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.479)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.134)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications