|Percy Bysshe Shelley|
Poet (4-Aug-1792 8-Jul-1822)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph Barrell. Shelley and the Thought of His Time: A Study in the History of Ideas. Archon Books. 1967. 207pp.
James Bieri. Percy Bysshe Shelley: A Biography: Exile of Unfulfilled Reknown, 1816-1822. University of Delaware Press. 2005. 441pp.
Barbara Charlesworth Gelpi. Shelley's Goddess: Maternity, Language, Subjectivity. Oxford University Press. 1992. 336pp.
Ian Gilmour. The Making of the Poets: Byron and Shelley in Their Time. Carroll & Graf. 2004. 416pp.
John Lehmann. Three Literary Friendships: Byron and Shelley, Rimbaud and Verlaine, Robert Frost and Edward Thomas. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 1983. 165pp. Three essays.
James Rieger. The Mutiny Within: The Heresies of Percy Bysshe Shelley. G. Braziller. 1967. 283pp.
Ann Wroe. Being Shelley: The Poet's Search for Himself. New York: Pantheon Books. 2007.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1339)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.218)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.340)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.939)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.451)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.624)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.778)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.473)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.421)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.25)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.412)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications