|Alfred Lord Tennyson|
Poet (6-Aug-1809 6-Oct-1892)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard E. Brantley. Anglo-American Antiphony: The Late Romanticism of Tennyson and Emerson. University Press of Florida. 1994. 352pp.
Gerhard Joseph. Tennyson and the Text: The Weaver's Shuttle. Cambridge University Press. 1992. 274pp.
James D. Kissane. Alfred Tennyson. Twayne. 1970. 183pp.
A. A. Markley. Stateliest Measures: Tennyson and the Literature of Greece and Rome. University of Toronto Press. 2004. 238pp.
George O. Marshall, Jr.. A Tennyson Handbook. Twayne. 1963. 291pp.
Robert Bernard Martin. Tennyson: The Unquiet Heart. Oxford University Press. 1980. 643pp.
Kerry McSweeney. Tennyson and Swinburne as Romantic Naturalists. University of Toronto Press. 1981. 222pp.
Roger S. Platizky. A Blueprint of His Dissent: Madness and Method in Tennyson's Poetry. Bucknell University Press. 1989. 137pp.
Matthew Rowlinson. Tennyson's Fixations: Psychoanalysis and the Topics of the Early Poetry. University of Virginia Press. 1994. 193pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1441)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.234)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.375)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.196)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1013)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.479)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.678)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.838)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.516)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.512)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.26)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.448)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications