Novelist (30-Jul-1818 19-Dec-1848)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alastair Everitt. Wuthering Heights: An Anthology of Criticism. London: Frank Cass & Co., Ltd.. 1967. 208pp.
Winifred Gérin. Emily Brontė. Oxford, England: Clarendon Press. 1971. 290pp.
Muriel Spark; Derek Stanford. Emily Brontė: Her Life and Work. London: Peter Owen, Ltd.. 1953. 271pp. Two sections, biography by Spark, criticism by Stanford.
Mary Visick. The Genesis of Wuthering Heights. Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press. 1958. 88pp.
- The Shape of Emily's Coffin: The Mysteries of the Least Known Brontė Sister
by Laura June Topolsky. The Hairpin, 31-Aug-2016.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.210)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.35)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.72)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.80)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.69)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.91-93)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (pp.139-41)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.66)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.89)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.33)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.18)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.56)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications