Activist (4-Feb-1921 4-Feb-2006)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Betty Friedan. Life So Far: A Memoir. New York: Simon & Schuster. 2000. 399pp.
Judith Hennessee. Betty Friedan: Her Life. New York: Random House. 1999. 330pp.
Daniel Horowitz. Betty Friedan and the Making of the Feminine Mystique: The American Left, the Cold War, and Modern Feminism. University of Massachusetts Press. 1998. 354pp.
Janann Sherman (editor). Interviews With Betty Friedan. University Press of Mississippi. 2002. 216pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.404)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.241)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.236)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.550)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.369)
- Current Biography, 1970 Yearbook (pp.146-48)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.267)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.180)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.175)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.371)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.254)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.526)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.197)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.184)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.189)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.131)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.400)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.214)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.332)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.208)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications