Film Director (31-Jan-1942 19-Feb-1994)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Steven Dillon. Derek Jarman and Lyric Film: The Mirror and the Sea. University of Texas Press. 2004.
Derek Jarman. Modern Nature: The Journals of Derek Jarman. London: Century. 1991. 314pp.
Chris Lippard. By Angels Driven: The Films of Derek Jarman. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1996. 208pp.
Michael O'Pray. Derek Jarman: Dreams of England. British Film Institute Publishing. 1996. 232pp.
Tony Peake. Derek Jarman: A Biography. The Overlook Press. 2000. 613pp.
William Pencak. The Films of Derek Jarman. McFarland & Company. 2002.
Roger Wollen; et. al.. Derek Jarman: A Portrait. Artist, Film-maker, Designer. London & New York: Thames & Hudson. 1992. 176pp. Nine essays.
Rowland Wymer. Derek Jarman. Manchester University Press. 2006. 210pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.718)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.775)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.295)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.169)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.280)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.107)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.438)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.408-10)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications