|William Henry Harrison|
Head of State (9-Feb-1773 4-Apr-1841)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
S. J. Burr. The Life and Times of William Henry Harrison. New York: L. W. Ransom. 1840. 300pp.
Freeman Cleaves. Old Tippecanoe: William Henry Harrison. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1939. 422pp.
Caleb Cushing. Outlines of the Life and Public Services, Civil and Military, of William Henry Harrison. Weeks, Jordan and Company. 1840. 71pp.
Dorothy Goebel. William Henry Harrison: A Political Biography. Philadelphia: Porcupine Press. 1974. 456pp.
James A. Green. William Henry Harrison: His Life and Times. Garrett and Massie. 1941. 536pp.
James Hall. A Memoir of the Public Services of William Henry Harrison, of Ohio. Philadelphia: Key & Biddle. 1836. 323pp.
Richard Hildreth. The People's Presidential Candidate, Or, The Life of William Henry Harrison, of Ohio. Weeks, Jordan and Company. 1839. 211pp.
Isaac Rand Jackson. The Life of Major-General William Henry Harrison: Comprising a Brief Account of His Important Civil and Military Services, and an Accurate Description of the Council at Vincennes with Tecumseh, as Well as the Victories of Tippecanoe, Fort Meigs and the Thames. Philadelphia: Grigg & Elliot. 1840. 96pp.
Henry Montgomery. The Life of Major-General William H. Harrison. Tooker and Gatchell. 1853. 465pp.
Robert M. Owens. Mr. Jefferson's Hammer: William Henry Harrison and the Origins of American Indian Policy. University of Oklahoma Press. 2007. 311pp.
Norma Lois Peterson. The Presidencies of William Henry Harrison & John Tyler. University Press of Kansas. 1989. 329pp.
Kenneth R. Stevens. William Henry Harrison: A Bibliography. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1998. 266pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.516)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.673)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.461)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.316)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.154)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.317)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.315)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.225)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.276)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.407)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.174)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications