|Sir Walter Scott|
Author, Poet, Historian (15-Aug-1771 21-Sep-1832)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
George Dekker. The Fictions of Romantic Tourism: Radcliffe, Scott, and Mary Shelley. Stanford University Press. 2005. 314pp.
Elizabeth Janet Gray. Young Walter Scott. London: Thomas Nelson. 1937. 239pp.
Moray McLaren. Sir Walter Scott: The Man & Patriot. London: Heinemann. 1970. 244pp.
Charles Sumner Olcott. The Country of Sir Walter Scott. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1913. 415pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1319)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.214)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.328)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.924)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.446)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.614)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (pp.463-65)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.412)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.25)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.407)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications