Inventor, Engineer (18-Mar-1858 30-Sep-1913)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Morton Grosser. Diesel: The Man & the Engine. New York: Atheneum. 1978. 166pp.
John F. Moon. Rudolf Diesel and the Diesel Engine. London: Priory Press. 1974. 96pp.
W. Robert Nitske; Charles Morrow Wilson. Rudolf Diesel: Pioneer of the Age of Power. University of Oklahoma Press. 1965. 318pp.
Donald E. Thomas. Diesel: Technology and Society in Industrial Germany. University of Alabama Press. 1987. 279pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.182)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.337)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.148)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.185)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.105)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.131)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.67)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.144)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications