Sculptor (1-Nov-1500 13-Feb-1571)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Benvenuto Cellini. Vita di Benvenuto Cellini. Colonia, Italy: Pietro Martello. 1728. 318pp. Language: Italian.
Benvenuto Cellini. Translated by Thomas Nugent (from Italian). Life of Benvenuto Cellini. London: T. Davies. 1771. (2 vols.) 512pp. + 403pp. First translation into English.
Benvenuto Cellini. Translated by [[John Addington Symonds]] (from Italian). The Life of Benvenuto Cellini. London: John C. Nimmo. 1888. (2 vols.)
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.282)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.163-64)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.182)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.98)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.47)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.108)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.139)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.59)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.45)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.70)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications