Comic, Radio Personality (10-Feb-1893 20-Jan-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Irene Adler. I Remember Jimmy: The Life and Times of Jimmy Durante. New York: Arlington House. 1980. 192pp.
David Bakish. Jimmy Durante: His Show Business Career, with an Annotated Filmography and Discography. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co.. 1994. 303pp.
William Cahn. Good Night, Mrs. Calabash: The Secret Life of Jimmy Durante. New York: Duell, Sloan and Pearce. 1963. 191pp.
Gene Fowler. Schnozzola: The Story of Jimmy Durante. New York: Viking Press. 1951. 261pp.
Jhan Robbins. Inka Dinka Doo: The Life of Jimmy Durante. New York: Paragon House. 1991. 194pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.413)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.195)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.301)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.173)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.165)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.150)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.126)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.73)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.334)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications