|Robert E. Lee|
Military (19-Jan-1807 12-Oct-1870)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Michael Fellman. The Making of Robert E. Lee. Random House. 2000. 384pp.
Douglas Southall Freeman. R. E. Lee: A Biography. New York: Charles Scribners & Sons. 1934-35. (4 vols.) 647pp. + 621pp. + 559pp. + 594pp.
Joseph T. Glatthaar. General Lee's Army: From Victory to Collapse. Simon and Schuster. 2008. 600pp.
Richard B. McCaslin. Lee in the Shadow of Washington. LSU Press. 2004. 272pp.
Elizabeth Brown Pryor. Reading the Man: A Portrait of Robert E. Lee Through His Private Letters. New York: Viking Press. 2007. 658pp.
John M. Taylor. Duty Faithfully Performed: Robert E. Lee and His Critics. Dulles, VA: Brassey's, Incorporated. 2000.
Emory M. Thomas. Robert E. Lee: A Biography. Scranton, PA: W. W. Norton & Co. Inc.. 1995. 472pp.
J. Steven Wilkins. Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee. Holly Hall. 1997. 200pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.673)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.875)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.620)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.418)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.588)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (pp.230-32)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.431)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.430)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.294)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.398)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.199)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.556)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications