|Marquis de Lafayette|
Military (6-Sep-1757 20-May-1834)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James R. Gaines. For Liberty and Glory: Washington, Lafayette, and Their Revolutions. New York: W. W. Norton. 2007. 533pp.
Noel B. Gerson. Statue in Search of a Pedestal: A Biography of the Marquis de Lafayette. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company. 1976.
Anne C. Loveland. Emblem of Liberty: The Image of Lafayette in the American Mind. LSU Press. 1971. 208pp.
Lucy Foster Madison. Lafayette. Philadelpia: Penn Publishing Co.. 1921. 372pp.
Charlemagne Tower, Jr.. The Marquis de La Fayette in the American Revolution: With Some Account of the Attitude of France Toward the War of Independence. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company. 1895. (2 vols.) 494pp. + 537pp.
Harlow Giles Unger. Lafayette: America's French Knight. John Wiley & Sons. 2002. 452pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.849)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.598)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.574)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.220)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.420)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.418)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.286)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.387)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.537)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications