Activist (22-Oct-1920 31-May-1996)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Robert Greenfield. Timothy Leary: A Biography. Orlando, FL: Harcourt. 2006. 704pp.
John Higgs. I Have America Surrounded: The Life of Timothy Leary. Barricade Books. 2006. 306pp.
Don Lattin. The Harvard Psychedelic Club: How Timothy Leary, Ram Dass, Huston Smith, and Andrew Weil Killed the Fifties and Ushered in a New Age for America. Harper Collins. 2010. 256pp.
Timothy Leary. Flashbacks: An Autobiography. J. P. Tarcher. 1983. 395pp.
Peter O. Whitmer; Bruce Van Wyngarden. Aquarius Revisited: Seven Who Created the Sixties Counterculture That Changed America. New York: Macmillan. 1987. 260pp. The seven are: William Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Ken Kesey, Timothy Leary, Norman Mailer, Tom Robbins, and Hunter S. Thompson.
- Official Website: http://www.leary.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.407)
- Current Biography, 1970 Yearbook (pp.244-47)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.292)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.200)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, pp.112-14)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications