Conductor (29-Apr-1879 8-Mar-1961)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thomas Beecham. A Mingled Chime: An Autobiography. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1943. 330pp.
Alan Blackwood. Sir Thomas Beecham: The Man and the Music. Ebury. 1994. 237pp.
Neville Cardus. Sir Thomas Beecham: A Memoir. Collins. 1961. 125pp.
Alan Jefferson. Sir Thomas Beecham: A Centenary Tribute. Macdonald and Jane's. 1979. 256pp.
Lyndon Jenkins. While Spring and Summer Sang: Thomas Beecham and the Music of Frederick Delius. Ashgate Publishing. 2005. 197pp.
John Lucas. Thomas Beecham: An Obsession with Music. Boydell & Brewer. 2008. 388pp.
Humphrey Procter-Gregg (editor). Sir Thomas Beecham: Conductor and Impresario: As Remembered by His Friends and Colleagues. Self-Published. 1973. 206pp.
Charles Reid. Thomas Beecham: An Independent Biography. Victor Gollancz. 1961. 256pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.47)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.45)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.84)
- Musicians Since 1900 (pp.52-56)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.29)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.30)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.69)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications