|Edgar Rice Burroughs|
Novelist (1-Sep-1875 19-Mar-1950)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Clark A. Brady. The Burroughs Cyclopedia: Characters, Places, Fauna, Flora, Technologies, Languages, Ideas and Terminologies Found in the Works of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company. 1996. 402pp.
Matt Cohen (editor). Brother Men: The Correspondence of Edgar Rice Burroughs and Herbert T. Weston. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. 2005. 328pp.
Gabe Essoe. Tarzan of the Movies: A Pictorial History of More Than Fifty Years of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Legendary Hero. New York: Citadel Press. 1968.
Robert W. Fenton. Edgar Rice Burroughs and Tarzan: A Biography of the Author and His Creation. McFarland & Co.. 2003.
Henry Hardy Heins. A Golden Anniversary Bibliography of Edgar Rice Burroughs. West Kingston, RI: Donald M. Grant. 1964. 418pp.
Richard A. Lupoff. Edgar Rice Burroughs: Master of Adventure. New York: Canaveral Press. 1965. 296pp.
Richard A. Lupoff. Baroom: Edgar Rice Burroughs and the Martian Vision. Baltimore, MD: Mirage Press. 1976. 161pp.
George T. McWhorter. Edgar Rice Burroughs Memorial Collection: A Catalog. Louisville, KY: House of Greystoke. 1991. 190pp. By the curator, Burroughs Memorial Collection at the University of Louisville. 500 copies printed.
George T. McWhorter. Burroughs Dictionary: An Alphabetical List of Proper Names, Words, Phrases and Concepts Contained in the Published Works of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Lanham, MD: University of America. 1987. 448pp.
Irwin Porges. Edgar Rice Burroughs: The Man Who Created Tarzan. Provo, UT: Brigham Young University Press. 1975. 819pp.
John Taliaferro. Tarzan Forever: The Life of Edgar Rice Burroughs Creator of Tarzan. Simon and Schuster. 2002. 400pp.
Robert B. Zeuschner. Edgar Rice Burroughs: The Exhaustive Scholar's and Collector's Descriptive Bibliography. McFarland & Company. 1996. 287pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.109)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.235)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.156)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.39)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.227)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.111)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.104)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.80)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.396)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.38)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.3)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications