Poet, Author (12-Aug-1774 21-Mar-1843)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ernest Bernhardt-Kabisch. Robert Southey. Twayne. 1977. 198pp.
Alfred Cobban. Edmund Burke and the Revolt Against the Eighteenth Century: A Study of the Political and Social Thinking of Burke, Wordsworth, Coleridge and Southey. London: George Allen & Unwin. 1929. 280pp.
Kathleen Jones. A Passionate Sisterhood: Women of the Wordsworth Circle: The Sisters, Wives and Daughters of the Lake Poets. New York: St. Martin's Press. 2000. 313pp. The women of William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and Robert Southey.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1374)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.350)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.969)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.461)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.488)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.423)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications