Royalty (23-Sep-63 BC 19-Aug-14 AD)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Buchan. Augustus. Houghton Mifflin. 1937. 379pp.
Gilbert Charles-Picard. Translated by Len Ortzen. Augustus and Nero: The Secret Empire. Thomas Y. Crowell. 1966. 190pp.
Kurt A. Raaflaub; Mark Toher (editors). Between Republic and Empire: Interpretations of Augustus and His Principate. University of California Press. 1993. 495pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.26)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.79)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.55)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.28)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.64)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.63-65)
- Who's Who in the Roman World (pp.28-32)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications