Novelist (c. 1693 25-Feb-1756)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Juliette Merritt. Beyond Spectacle: Eliza Haywood's Female Spectators. University of Toronto Press. 2004. 154pp.
Donald J. Newman; Lynn Marie Wright (editors). Fair Philosopher: Eliza Haywood and The Female Spectator. Bucknell University Press. 2006. 252pp.
Kirsten T. Saxton; Rebecca P. Bocchicchio (editors). The Passionate Fictions of Eliza Haywood: Essays on Her Life and Work. University Press of Kentucky. 2000. 367pp.
Mary Anne Schofield. Eliza Haywood. Twayne. 1985. 139pp.
Patrick Spedding. A Bibliography of Eliza Haywood. Pickering & Chatto. 2004. 848pp.
George Frisbie Whicher. The Life and Romances of Mrs. Eliza Haywood. Columbia University Press. 1915. 210pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.683)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.182)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.256)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.216)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.505)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.240)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.251)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications