Film Director (25-Jun-1924 9-Apr-2011)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stephen E. Bowles. Sidney Lumet: A Guide to References and Resources. G. K. Hall. 1979. 151pp.
Jay Boyer. Sidney Lumet. Twayne. 1993. 213pp.
Frank R. Cunningham. Sidney Lumet: Film and Literary Vision. University Press of Kentucky. 1991. 274pp.
Joanna E. Rapf (editor). Sidney Lumet: Interviews. University Press of Mississippi. 2006. 200pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.260)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.880)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.345)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.312)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.204)
- Current Biography, 1967 Yearbook (pp.258-60)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.341)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.310)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.339)
- Contemporary North American Directors (pp.291-92)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.256)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.540)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.535-41)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.297-99)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.328)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.459)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.87)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.254)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.338)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications