Doctor, Author (2-May-1903 15-Mar-1998)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lynn Bloom. Doctor Spock: Biography of a Conservative Radical. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill Company. 1972. 366pp.
Thomas Maier. Dr. Spock: An American Life. New York: Harcourt Brace. 1998. 520pp.
Jessica Mitford. The Trial of Dr. Spock, the Rev. William Sloane Coffin Jr., Michael Ferber, Mitchell Goodman, and Marcus Raskin. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1969. 272pp.
Benjamin Spock; with Mary Morgan. Spock on Spock: A Memoir of Growing Up with the Century. New York: Pantheon Books. 1989. 282pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1044)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.719)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.665)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1381)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.970)
- Current Biography, 1969 Yearbook (pp.416-19)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.475)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.204)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.687)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.463)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, pp.480-82)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.1, p.547)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.451)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.133)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications