Politician (29-Jan-1761 12-Aug-1849)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Henry Adams. The Life of Albert Gallatin. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott & Co.. 1879.
Alexander Balinky. Albert Gallatin: Fiscal Theories and Policies. Rutgers University Press. 1958. 275pp.
Frank Ewing. America's Forgotten Statesman: Albert Gallatin. New York: Vantage Press. 1959. 305pp.
James Gallatin. The Diary of James Gallatin, Secretary to Albert Gallatin, U.S. Envoy to France and England 1813-1827 and Negotiator of the Treaty of Ghent. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1914. 314pp.
L. B. Kuppenheimer. Albert Gallatin's Vision of Democratic Stability: An Interpretive Profile. Westport, CT: Praeger. 1996. 152pp.
Frederick Merk. Albert Gallatin and the Oregon Problem: A Study in Anglo-American Diplomacy. Harvard University Press. 1950.
John Austin Stevens. Albert Gallatin. Boston and New York: Houghton, Mifflin and Company. 1884.
Gayle Thornbrough (editor). The Correspondence of John Badollet and Albert Gallatin, 1804-1836. Indianapolis, IN: Indiana Historical Society. 1963. 372pp.
Raymond Walters. Albert Gallatin: Jeffersonian Financier and Diplomat. New York: Macmillan. 1957.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.417)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.562)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.379)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.272)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.260)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.324)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.173)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications