|Rutherford B. Hayes|
Head of State (4-Oct-1822 17-Jan-1893)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Harry Barnard. Rutherford B. Hayes and His America. Bobbs-Merrill. 1954. 606pp.
Arthur Bishop (editor). Rutherford B. Hayes, 1822-1893: Chronology, Documents, Bibliographical Aids. Oceana Publications. 1969. 90pp.
Russell H. Conwell. Life and Public Services of Gov. Rutherford B. Hayes. Boston: B. B. Russell. 1876. 328pp.
Kenneth E. Davison. The Presidency of Rutherford B. Hayes. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1972. 266pp.
H. J. Eckenrode. Rutherford B. Hayes, Statesman of Reunion. Dodd, Mead & Company. 1930. 363pp.
Ari Hoogenboom. The Presidency of Rutherford B. Hayes. University Press of Kansas. 1988. 278pp.
James Q. Howard. The Life, Public Services and Select Speeches of Rutherford B. Hayes. Cincinnati: Robert Clarke & Co.. 1876. 260pp.
William D. Howells. Sketch of the Life and Character of Rutherford B. Hayes: Also a Biographical Sketch of William A. Wheeler. New York: Hurd and Houghton. 1876. 226pp.
Roy Morris, Jr.. Fraud of the Century: Rutherford B. Hayes, Samuel Tilden, and the Stolen Election of 1876. Simon & Schuster. 2003. 311pp.
Hans L. Trefousse. Rutherford B. Hayes. New York: Macmillan. 2002. 170pp.
Charles Richard Williams. The Life of Rutherford Birchard Hayes: Nineteenth President of the United States. Boston and New York: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1914.
T. Harry Williams (editor). Hayes: The Diary of a President 1875-1881: Covering the Disputed Election, the End of Reconstruction, and the Beginning of Civil Service. New York: D. McKay Co.. 1964. 329pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.524)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.682)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.469)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.321)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.322)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.227)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.282)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.153)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.417)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.175)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications