Diplomat (27-May-1880 25-May-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph Grew. Turbulent Era: A Diplomatic Record of Forty Years, 1904-45. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1952. (2 vols.)
Waldo H. Heinrichs, Jr.. American Ambassador: Joseph C. Grew and the Development of the American Diplomatic Tradition. New York: Garland. 1979.
Nakamura Masanori. Translated by Herbert P. Bix; Jonathan Baker-Bates; Derek Bowen. The Japanese Monarchy: Ambassador Joseph Grew and the Making of the "Symbol Emperor System", 1931-1991. M. E. Sharpe. 1992. 224pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.475)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.274)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.430)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.293)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.195)
- Notable U.S. Ambassadors Since 1775 (pp.124-29)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications