|Elizabeth Barrett Browning|
Poet (6-Mar-1806 29-Jun-1861)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Althea Hayter. Mrs. Browning: A Poet's Work and Its Setting. London: Faber & Faber. 1962. 261pp.
Dorothy Hewlett. Elizabeth Barrett Browning: A Life. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1952. 388pp.
Julia Markus. Dared and Done: The Marriage of Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning. Alfred A. Knopf. 1995. 382pp.
Gardner B. Taplin. The Life of Elizabeth Barrett Browning. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press. 1957. 482pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.215)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.36)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.51)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.141)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.74)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.83)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.73)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.96)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.151)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.69)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.93)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.35)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.18)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.59)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications