|John Marshall Harlan|
Judge (1-Jun-1833 14-Oct-1911)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Loren P. Beth. John Marshall Harlan: The Last Whig Justice. University Press of Kentucky. 1992. 313pp.
Frank Brown Latham. The Great Dissenter: John Marshall Harlan, 1833-1911. Cowles Book Company. 1970. 175pp.
Linda Przybyszewski. The Republic According to John Marshall Harlan. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. 1999. 286pp.
Tinsley E. Yarbrough. Judicial Enigma: The First Justice Harlan. New York: Oxford University Press. 1995. 280pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.504)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.669)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.454)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.311)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.399)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.174)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications