|Joel Chandler Harris|
Novelist (9-Dec-1848 3-Jul-1908)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
R. Bruce Bickley. Joel Chandler Harris: An Annotated Bibliography of Criticism, 1977-1996 With Supplement, 1892-1976. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1997.
R. Bruce Bickley; with Karen L. Bickley; Thomas H. English. Joel Chandler Harris: A Reference Guide. G. K. Hall. 1978. 360pp.
R. Bruce Bickley (editor). Critical Essays on Joel Chandler Harris. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall. 1981. 240pp.
Walter M. Brasch. Brer Rabbit, Uncle Remus, and the "Cornfield Journalist". New York: Henry Holt and Co.. 2000.
Stella Brewer Brookes. Joel Chandler Harris: Folklorist. University of Georgia Press. 1950. 182pp.
Paul M. Cousins. Joel Chandler Harris: A Biography. Louisiana State University Press. 1968. 237pp.
Julia Collier Harris. The Life and Letters of Joel Chandler Harris. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1918. 620pp.
Hugh T. Keenan (editor). Dearest Chums and Partners: Joel Chandler Harris's Letters to His Children: A Domestic Biography. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press. 1993. 531pp.
Ivy L. Lee (editor). Uncle Remus: Joel Chandler Harris as Seen and Remembered by a Few of His Friends. (privately printed). 1908. 120pp. Memorial issue of 300 copies. Includes a sermon by Rev. James W. Lee and a poem by Frank L. Stanton.
Robert Lemuel Wiggins. The Life of Joel Chandler Harris: From Obscurity in Boyhood to Fame in Early Manhood. Nashville, TN: Publishing House Methodist Episcopal Church. 1918. 447pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.512)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.671)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.458)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.314)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.179)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (pp.339-40)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.449)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.313)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.224)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.404)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.7)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.205)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications