Painter (24-Feb-1836 30-Sep-1910)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James Thomas Flexner. The World of Winslow Homer, 1836-1910. New York: Time-Life. 1965. 190pp.
Albert Ten Eyck Gardner. Winslow Homer, American Artist: His World and His Work. New York: Clarkson N. Potter. 1961. 262pp.
Peter H. Wood. Weathering the Storm: Inside Winslow Homer's Gulf Stream. University of Georgia Press. 2004. 127pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.555)
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.728)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.502)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.482)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.344)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.242)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.450)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.225)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.63)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications