Military (1-Jan-1887 9-Apr-1945)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Karl Heinz Abshagen. Translated by Alan Houghton Brodrick. Canaris. Hutchinson. 1956. 264pp.
Richard Bassett. Hitler's Spy Chief: The Wilhelm Canaris Mystery. Weidenfeld & Nicolson. 2005. 319pp.
André Brissaud. Translated by Ian Colvin. Canaris: The Biography of Admiral Canaris, Chief of German Military Intelligence in the Second World War. Grosset & Dunlap. 1974. 347pp.
Ian Colvin. Master Spy: The Incredible Story of Admiral Wilhelm Canaris. London: Victor Gollancz. 1951. 224pp.
Heinz Höhne. Translated by J. Maxwell Brownjohn. Canaris: Hitler's Master Spy. Doubleday. 1979. 703pp.
Michael Mueller. Translated by Geoffrey Brooks. Canaris: The Life and Death of Hitler's Spymaster. Naval Institute Press. 2007. 368pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.118)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.255)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.125)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.26)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Extreme Right Since 1890 (pp.53-54)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (pp.75-77)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications