Novelist (27-May-1894 1-Jul-1961)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Milton Hindus. The Crippled Giant: A Bizarre Adventure in Contemporary Letters. New York: Boar's Head Books. 1950. 159pp. Also an expanded edition in 1986.
Patrick McCarthy. Celine: A Critical Biography. Penguin Books Ltd.. 1975. 352pp.
Erika Ostrovsky. CÚline and his Vision. University of London Press. 1967. 225pp.
Erika Ostrovsky. Voyeur Voyant: A Portrait of Louis-Ferdinand Celine. New York: Random House. 1972. 389pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.135)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.130)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.281)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.48)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.181)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.195)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.98)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Extreme Right Since 1890 (pp.55-56)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.139)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.112)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications