Playwright (19-May-1930 12-Jan-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Anne Cheney. Lorraine Hansberry. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1984. 174pp.
Philip Uko Effiong. In Search of a Model for African-American Drama: A Study of Selected Plays by Lorraine Hansberry, Amiri Baraka, and Ntozake Shange. Lanham, MD: University Press of America. 2000. 248pp.
Ben Keppel. The Work of Democracy: Ralph Bunche, Kenneth B. Clark, Lorraine Hansberry, and the Cultural Politics of Race. Harvard University Press. 1995. 320pp.
Richard M. Leeson. Lorraine Hansberry: A Research and Production Sourcebook. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1997. 192pp.
Patricia C. McKissack; Frederick L. McKissack. Young, Black, and Determined: A Biography of Lorraine Hansberry. New York: Holiday House. 1998. 152pp.
Robert Nemiroff (editor). To Be Young, Gifted, and Black: Lorraine Hansberry in Her Own Words. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, Inc.. 1969. 266pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.180)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.109)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.311)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.95)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.614-15)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.446)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.309)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.150-52)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.214)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.356)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.289)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.246)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.372)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.7)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications