Author (born 30-Apr-1945)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Philip Harnden. Journeys of Simplicity: Traveling Light with Thomas Merton, Basho, Edward Abbey, Annie Dillard and Others. Skylight Paths Publishing. 2003. 109pp.
Sandra Humble Johnson. The Space Between: Literary Epiphany in the Work of Annie Dillard. Kent State University Press. 1992. 214pp.
James I. McClintock. Nature's Kindred Spirits: Aldo Leopold, Joseph Wood Krutch, Edward Abbey, Annie Dillard, and Gary Snyder. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. 1994. 204pp.
Nancy C. Parrish. Lee Smith, Annie Dillard, and the Hollins Group: A Genesis of Writers. Louisiana State University Press. 1999. 256pp.
Scott Slovic. Seeking Awareness in American Nature Writing: Henry Thoreau, Annie Dillard, Edward Abbey, Wendell Berry, Barry Lopez. University of Utah Press. 1992. 212pp.
Linda L. Smith. Annie Dillard. New York: Twayne. 1991. 151pp.
- Official Website: http://www.anniedillard.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.203)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.274)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.711)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.294)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.249)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.68)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications