Singer (7-Apr-1915 17-Jul-1959)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Farah Jasmine Griffin. If You Can't Be Free, Be a Mystery: In Search of Billie Holiday. New York, New York: Free Press. 2001.
David Margolick. Strange Fruit: Billie Holiday, Cafe Society, and an Early Cry for Civil Rights. Philadelphia, PA: Running Press. 2000. 160pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.303)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.318)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.724)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.497)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (p.360)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (p.122)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.341)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.432)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.226)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.241)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.427)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.263)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.324)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications