Singer, Actor (16-Jan-1908 15-Feb-1984)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
George B. Bryan. Ethel Merman: A Bio-Bibliography. Greenwood Press. 1992. 298pp.
Brian Kellow. Ethel Merman: A Life. New York: Viking Press. 2007. 326pp.
Geoffrey Mark. Ethel Merman: The Biggest Star on Broadway. Fort Lee, NJ: Barricade Books. 2005. 288pp.
Ethel Merman; with George Eells. Merman: An Autobiography. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1978. 320pp.
Ethel Merman; with Pete Martin. Who Could Ask for Anything More: As Told to Pete Martin. Doubleday. 1955. 252pp.
Bob Thomas. I Got Rhythm! The Ethel Merman Story. Putnam's. 1985. 239pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.474)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.716)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.962)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.320)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.655)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.496)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.297)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications