Painter (1-Feb-1801 11-Feb-1848)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ella M. Foshay; Barbara Novak. Intimate Friends: Thomas Cole, Asher B. Durand and William Cullen Bryant. Hensonville, NY: Black Dome Press. 2001.
Louis Legrand Noble. The Life and Works of Thomas Cole. Black Dome Press. 1997. 400pp.
Ellwood Parry. The Art of Thomas Cole: Ambition and Imagination. University of Delaware Press. 1989. 419pp.
Earl A. Powell. Thomas Cole. Harry N. Abrams. 1990. 144pp.
William H. Truettner; Allan Wallach (editors). Thomas Cole: Landscape Into History. Smithsonian American Art Museum. 1994. 185pp. Exhibition catalogue.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.222)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.329)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.213)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.144)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.118)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.180)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.52)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.94)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.62)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications