|P. T. Barnum|
Hoaxer (5-Jul-1810 7-Apr-1891)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Neil Harris. Humbug: The Art of P. T. Barnum. University of Chicago Press. 1973. 337pp.
A. H. Saxon. P. T. Barnum: The Legend and the Man. Columbia University Press. 1989. 437pp.
Irving Wallace. The Fabulous Showman: The Life and Times of P. T. Barnum. Alfred A. Knopf. 1959. 317pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.62)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.36)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.107)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.67)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.39)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.55)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.40)
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business (pp.119-22)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.40)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.49)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.17)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.349)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.23)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications