Judge, Politician (14-Sep-1742 28-Aug-1798)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Andrew Bennett. James Wilson of St. Andrews: An American Statesman, 1742-1798. J. & G. Innes. 1928. 81pp.
Mary T. Delahanty. The Integralist Philosophy of James Wilson. Pageant Press. 1969. 140pp.
Mark David Hall. The Political and Legal Philosophy of James Wilson, 1742-1798. University of Missouri Press. 1997. 228pp.
William Frederick Obering. The Philosophy of Law of James Wilson, Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court, 1789-1798: A Study in Comparative Jurisprudence. Catholic University of America. 1938. 276pp.
Jean-Marc Pascal. The Political Ideas of James Wilson, 1742-1798. Garland. 1991. 344pp.
Charles Page Smith. James Wilson, Founding Father, 1742-1798. University of North Carolina Press. 1956. 426pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1236)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1569)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1144)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.834)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.803)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1221)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications