Doctor (7-Apr-1859 11-Feb-1924)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Philip J. Pauly. Controlling Life: Jacques Loeb and the Engineering Ideal in Biology. Oxford University Press. 1987. 252pp.
Charles Rasmussen; Rick Tilman. Jacques Loeb: His Science and Social Activism and Their Philosophical Foundations. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society. 1998. 176pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.697)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.641)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.448)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.334a)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.579)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications