Golf (13-Aug-1912 25-Jul-1997)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jules Alexander. The Hogan Mystique: Classic Photographs of the Great Ben Hogan. The American Golfer, Inc.. 1994. 132pp.
Martin Davis. Ben Hogan: The Man Behind the Mystique. Greenwich, CT: American Golfer Inc.. 2002. 160pp.
Jimmy Demaret. My Partner, Ben Hogan. London: Peter Davies. 1954. 215pp. By Hogan's golf partner of 20 years.
James Dodson. Ben Hogan: An American Life. New York: Doubleday. 2004. 544pp.
Mike Towle. I Remember Ben Hogan: Personal Recollections and Revelations of Golf's Most Fascinating Legend from the People Who Knew Him Best. Nashville, TN: Cumberland House. 2000. 207pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.317)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.496)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.238)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.341)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.420-22)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.524)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, pp.421-23)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.868)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.264)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications