Novelist (26-Dec-1891 7-Jun-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Brassai. Translated by Timothy Bent (from French). Henry Miller: The Paris Years. New York, NY: Arcade Publishing. 1995. 224pp.
Mary V. Dearborn. Henry Miller: A Biography. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1991. 368pp.
Louise A. Desalvo. Conceived With Malice: Literature as Revenge in the Lives and Works of Virginia and Leonard Woolf, D. H. Lawrence, Djuna Barnes, and Henry Miller. New York: E. P. Dutton. 1994.
Erica Jong. The Devil at Large: Erica Jong on Henry Miller. New York: Turtle Bay Books. 1993. 335pp.
Jay Martin. Always Merry and Bright: The Life of Henry Miller: An Unauthorized Biography. Capra Press. 1979. 560pp.
Gilles Mayné. Eroticism in Georges Bataille and Henry Miller. Summa Publications. 1993. 206pp.
Kingsley Widmer. Henry Miller. Twayne. 1963. 192pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.777)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.512)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.481)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1014)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.722)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.166)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.878-83)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.960)
- Current Biography, 1970 Yearbook (pp.291-94)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.493)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.684)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.501)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.344)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.367)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.11)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications