Poet, Critic (9-Apr-1821 31-Aug-1867)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
A. E. Carter. Charles Baudelaire. Twayne. 1977. 139pp.
David Evans. Rhythm, Illusion and the Poetic Idea: Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Mallarme. Rodopi. 2004. 355pp.
Margery A. Evans. Baudelaire and Intertextuality: Poetry at the Crossroads. Cambridge University Press. 1993. 196pp.
Enid Starkie. Baudelaire. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1933. 518pp. Also a revised edition in 1957.
Martin Turnell. Baudelaire: A Study of his Poetry. London: Hamish Hamilton. 1953. 328pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.39)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.117)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.22)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.42)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.70-73)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.15)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.84)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.19)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.36-39)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.49)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.19)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.27)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.26)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications